Hi! I’m Erica.
I grew up in Detroit. My mom is a small business owner. My dad was an auto plant cafeteria manager while I was growing up. They worked really hard to send me and my sister to good schools, made sure we got good grades and participated in lots of activities, and sent us off to good colleges. With that foundation, as soon as I graduated from college, I moved here to the Twin Cities. I thought for many years after moving here that I would be leaving. And then I realized I like it here and I don’t want to leave!
My wife Missy and I live in the Tangletown neighborhood of Ward 11 with our two dogs, Peanut Louise and Florence. I’ve had so many wonderful opportunities to serve. I’ve given my support to a number of arts and social justice nonprofits, and issue and candidate campaigns. I have season tickets to the Minnesota Lynx. I serve on the City of Minneapolis Capital Long-Range Improvements Committee, the citizen committee that advises on the city’s capital budget. Having worked for over a decade as a chemical engineer, I know the importance of systems that work well and how they can be adapted for better results. As the leader of a small arts organization that primarily serves women, I see on a daily basis what people can do when they are empowered and affirmed, and when they come together around shared experience and common goals.
- Lives in Tangletown, since 2010
- Wife, Missy
- Dogs, Peanut Louise and Florence
- Sister, Emily (lives in Ward 10, she should move!)
- Executive Director, Twin Cities Women’s Choir and Twin Cities Girls’ Choir (current)
- Senior Validation Engineer, CIMA Labs
- Research Engineer, General Mills
- MA in Organizational Leadership, St Catherine University
- BSE in Chemical Engineering, University of Michigan
- City of Minneapolis Capital Long-Range Improvements Committee (CLIC)
- Board of Directors, American Civic Forum
- Board of Directors, Headwaters Foundation for Justice
- Volunteer, Minnesota Fringe Festival
- Volunteer, Open Arms of Minnesota
- Election Judge
- Volunteer, Minnesotans United for all Families
- Board of Directors, Project 515
- Board of Directors, Minnesota Fringe Festival
- Midwest Advisory Council, Family Equality Council
- Board of Directors, Twin Cities Women’s Choir